Left my Soul at Your Threshold

When you went, you pulled the colors of my once colourful skies,
Those were beautiful, even if they were lies.

Why do I get all the pain?
If there was no love,then why is it making me go insane?

Why do I care, if you don't?
Why do I try to please you, knowing that it won't?

My brain wants to move on, but my heart wants to try one more time,
Why my soul is made to die, is loving you a crime?

I want to go to the past and cling to the things I had there,
I wanna just be with you, inspite of knowing that you hardly care.

My existence doesn't effect you anymore,
Though my love was real, sweet and truly pure.

I just want all those things that I once had,
May be just for a second, but it'll make me more than glad.

With tears, I glance at the things we used to talk,
Now I stroll alone, when together we used to walk.

You have a place in my heart which no one else can replace,
You light my nights and you fill my empty space.

I just wanna see you, feel your, touch you once again,
I wanna hold your hand again, and dance in the rain.

If you leave me, my heart will cease to beat,
Without you I'm hollow, I'm incomplete.

You are the poison I long to inhale and drink,
I wanna fill my soul with you, right upto the brink.

Oh, I'll do everything, just please come back,
Heal my wounds, put ointment over my heart's crack.

It's all lonely and dark now over here,
Light and love are the things I know I'll always fear.

The sunsets no longer look beautiful as they used to be,
I prefer being blinded by your love, than to choose the truth to see.

My nights no longer continue to be bright,
Even the rainbow looks shaded as black and white.

My heart wants me to die, but my brain wants me to live,
Tell me my fault when I felt I gave everything I could give.

Remember how much time we used to spend?
Remember once we used to be each other's closest friend?

I sleep to escape the reality, but my dreams have only you in them,
Your love made me do all those things which I once used to condemn.

I long to be with you, I long to hear your voice,
Or elseI fear death is my only cure and choice.

Comments

  1. I am really overwhelmed with emotions Vaibhav after reading your poem.It really brings out the feelings in your heart when you were betrayed,torchered and hated by a dear friend of yours. But I suggest that you should start writing on happiness because that will be something we can read when we are sad.But ya your sad poems are also no less.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Showtime, Dear

Tell Me That You'll Stay

The Endless Walk